You guys keep us hydrated, fed, and happy while we shop the flea in the sunshine all day! Thank you for getting all of your ducks in a row so that no one shuts you down and you can do your job like the rockstars you are.
Here are the six things we need you to check off before participating:
2. Vendor's License
3. Health Department
4. Fire Department
5. Hazardous Materials Permit
*Notice: If you are a vendor that sells pre-packaged frozen goods, you'll need to submit a copy of your BCI check
We know taxes aren't all that fun, but alas, they are a necessary evil and you know what? Paying taxes means we're legit! We're legit small business owners who are making CASHITY CASH CASH. It's alllll how ya spin it, my friends. It's alllll how ya spin it.
- Click here ---> Yay! Taxes!
2. VENDOR LICENSE
- You sell things in Ohio, but you move around. So, even if you have a brick and mortar, you'll need this if you sell outside of that.
- Cost: $25
- Each person with a fixed place of business in Ohio from which taxable sales are made.
- Vendors must have one license for each fixed place of business.
- License is issued by the County Auditor.
- Cost: $25
3. HAZARDOUS MATERIALS PERMIT
If you are using charcoal or propane, you'll need to do a few more things than the other vendors. It's the price you pay for being so damn HOT!
- Be sure that you've gone through hazardous materials training and have a certificate to prove it.
- Visit the FD at 1645 Superior Ave. to fill out an application for temporary storage of hazardous materials
- Bring the app over to Tyler Village for a signature from the property owner
- Submit all of those materials and the city's application fee to the FD three weeks before the Flea
- E-mail proof that your materials have been submitted to email@example.com at least one week before the event.
4. FIRE DEPT. CHECK-IN
Are you using charcoal, propane or a generator? Then you need to chat with the Fire Department. And you might even need a permit. It's best to get there before 9am before their day gets busy.
5. HEALTH DEPT. CHECK-IN
We searched online for quite a while, and still couldn't locate either a number or a permit for mobile food service. It's there SOMEWHERE. Anyway, most likely you'd need a to first chat with the Health Department about what is required of your own business if you are selling food of any kind and you will need a permit from them. This is REQUIRED to sell food at the flea or you will risk having the health department shut you down on the day of (yes; this has happened!). In addition, if the health department does shut you down because you do not meet their requirements, then it is likely that you will lose your right to participate in future Cleveland Flea markets. Please check this off your list 4 weeks before your first market and e-mail us with the appropriate information to let us know that you did at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject titled "Your Business name - Health Department Approval".