Juli & Jon Take on August Flea
This was a special flea for us, we took Jon's brother, Dave, to his first ever flea. It's always a fun experience to drag your friends along to this crazy once a month market place. If you are like Jon and I, people often roll their eyes at another one of our pop up renegades. The Cleveland Flea never disappoints though, once the smell of the food trucks get them and the walk up bar gets a couple drinks in them, they are in love with the flea.
This is a little bit of our guide for the new comer:
First Stop: Coffee, Always Coffee. and Vegan Donuts.
Second Stop: Treasure Hunting. As many of you treasure hunters know, you have to get here early to be able to find the best items. If you come after nine-thirty, you will see all the best deals walking past you to their car. Last month I got to the flea a little bit late and I saw the most beautiful white Persian cat on a pink background photograph slip right through my hands.
I'm an autumn so I am already prepping for my prime, August flea was dedicated to finding fall inspired items. My first stop was Suzy Q Redo. This is my favorite stop for vintage drink-ware and decor.
Suzy Q Redo
Moscow Mule Bar Cart
My September Flea Fashion picks:
- I loved this Poncho from Stash
- I am just jazzed about all the different colors and textures of sweaters
- I know it's getting colder but these short are too fun not to love, they can go great with your new Le Weekend Shirt from the Flea Merch Shop!
- I'm a pin head, I love collecting pins. These vintage pins are from the Article Shop.
- Something for the guys, this was a top pick from Jon and Dave, Legend Hats!
Stop Three: The Makers
I had a very specific mission this flea and that was to buy myself a new mug. I have always loved Brian Ceramic pieces. When I was taking ceramics a year or so ago I was really inspired by his controlled drips, and I did some pretty bad looking interpretations. I follow these two on Instagram and I have been patiently waiting for him to debut his new mugs. They didn't have any mugs out on the table, I asked about the mugs and they pulled a beautiful mint green baby out of their backpack. Last month I broke my Clear Blur mug and so this will be a happy replacement.
Some of my favorite picks from the Markers are:
- Plants from Lakewood Plant Company, I am so glad they brought a bunch of these cute hanging baskets. I think these pair amazingly with these adorable black wire racks.
- This buffalo necklace reminded me of the West and Colorado, which inspired a lot of the rest of my fashion picks for September. From Poor Sparrow
- This hand dyed shibori scarf and leather necklace, pair it with some chunky beaded bracelets or some dainty stacking rings all from Bella Studio
- Treat yourself with some bath salts from Venus in Aquarius Apothacary
- Carry all your new treasures in this tote
Noteworthy Stop | Falcon & Flash
One of Dave's favorite stops was Falcon and Flash, a spice company. Dave is a chef, so this booth was right up his alley.
Relax & Chill ....and hang out with friends