This year we've tried a lot of new things at The Flea. We changed the layout. We added more booth spaces. We worked to bring more out-of-town vendors to the Cleveland area. We even added a new event (remember Food Flea?). Well, we still have one more surprise on the horizon. This year we will be awarding the first Cleveland Flea Vendor Scholarship Award. Thanks to the amount of money that we were able to bring in at ticketing this year(oh yeah, ticketing...another new thing!), we've been able to create a fund for the betterment of businesses selling at The Flea. If we've sparked your interest, please keep reading... there are all sorts of fun details about the vendor scholarship award below, including a little bit about how shoppers can help decide who is awarded the two $500 checks!
HOW IT WORKS... ABRIDGED
STEP 1. VENDORS, SUBMIT YOUR VIDEOS
- Any vendor in good standing who has sold at The Cleveland Flea during 2017 is invited to apply.
- Vendors who wish to apply are welcome to submit a 20 second video on Instagram sharing how they would use the $500 award to better their business at The Flea. All videos must be hashtagged #2017FleaScholarship to be eligible to win.
- Vendors can submit videos until 11:59 pm on September 30, 2017. All videos must be posted to a public account.
STEP 3. EVERYONE, WATCH VENDOR VIDEOS AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES
Shoppers are welcome to vote for their favorite video online on the ballot below from October 1 until October 31 at 11:59 pm.
- Scholarships will be awarded to vendors in November.
0 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from '2017FleaScholarship' hashtag
THE VOTING BALLOT...
Not so fast! Voting doesn't open until October 1! Check back in a little bit and try again
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Eligibility: Vendors who have sold during a 2017 Cleveland Flea event with no outstanding debts with The Cleveland Flea or Indie Foundry are eligible to submit. To be eligible, all vendors must create and post a 20 second video on their public Instagram account detailing what they would do with a $500 award that would better their business at future Cleveland Flea events. Videos bust be hashtagged #2017FleaScholarship to be eligible. Vendors may submit more than one video. Submitting more than one video does not increase a vendor's likelihood of receiving an award. All videos must be posted on Instagram before 11:59 pm on September 30, 2017 to be eligible. No late entries will be accepted. This award is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- Funding: At least two separate $500 awards will be given to vendors, with funding provided by The Cleveland Flea and donations from season pass wristband purchasers during 2017. Additional donations are welcomed until 11:59 on October 31, 2017. Any funds collected from online and in-person donations during this period of time that exceed $1,000 will also be awarded. Donations are not tax deductible.
- Voting: Any person wishing to vote for a vendor may do so on The Cleveland Flea's website, www.theclevelandflea.com, starting at 12:01 am on October 1, 2017. Each person is permitted one vote per email address. Voters must sign-in to their Google account in order to cast a vote. Votes do not determine the ultimate recipient of the 2017 Cleveland Flea Vendor Scholarship awards.
- Cashing-In: At least two separate $500 awards will be awarded to eligible participating vendors. Funds will be awarded during November of 2017, following the receipt of a completed W-9 from recipients. If no completed W-9 is provided to The Cleveland Flea, funds will be withheld until one is submitted. Funds may not be used to support acts of hate speech or intolerance toward any group of marginalized people. The Cleveland Flea reserves the right to deny an award to any vendor at any time for any reason.