Living on a lake has its ups and downs. Pros include days spent swimming in the cool waves of Lake Erie, beautiful sea glass finds, and fabulous sunsets over the water. But come the end of summer it’s easy to see the cons building up: lips as dry as sand, sun-bleached hair, and sweat-induced flare-ups that can’t be covered. The Cleveland Flea knows how you feel, which is why we’re excited to highlight four great body care brands that we hope will heal your summer skin. Find your solution during the August 13 Cleveland Flea!
- Human sweat by itself is odorless, but Mimi of Maeve’s All Natural has created a deodorant cream that uses grapefruit, lemon, tea tree, and oregano oils to fight the bacteria that can feed on sweat and cause smelly armpits. Science, man!
- REVIVAL Body Care’s green tea and coconut body scrub features an organic cane sugar base infused with coconut oil and matcha green tea. Unlike salt scrubs, sugar scrubs both exfoliate and hydrate, which means that smooth skin doesn’t have to come at the expense of dehydration. Rub it on dry and itchy elbows and knees!
- Summery hair doesn’t have to be a seasonal style. Mist hair with REVIVAL Body Care’s Boho Babe sea salt spray and watch the beachy waves roll through your ‘do without a shoreline in sight.
- Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve’s shampoo bar is more convenient than a 7-11. Our pick is the “Café Moreno”, AKA the brunette bar. With a base of coffee and cloves, not only will brown tones appear more vibrant, but sun-loved locks will be thankful for the extra conditioning components. Great for dry hair, and easy to pack in carry-ons!
- Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve’s avocado lavender lip butter balm is everything you always dreamed about. Natural plant oils from our favorite tropical friend, the avocado, is the foundation for a soothing lavender scent. Featuring a hint of ylang ylang, this balm also doubles as a therapeutic aroma blend. Put a dab under your nose before bed for a relaxing night!
- Earth Philosophy’s ginger & turmeric balancing skin toner is the solution to summertime acne. Turmeric’s natural anti-inflammatory qualities reduce swelling, and the product’s gentile cleaning qualities refresh skin that has been holding onto sweat and grime.