One more reason to spend all day in Hingetown this Sunday? The Tabletop Game Garden is back! Tabletop Board Game Cafe will bring classic and fast-to-learn games to play in the Transformer Station's south courtyard. Challenge friends, family, soon-to-be friends and arch nemeses to:
- Time: 3 minutes to learn, 10-15 minutes to play a game.
- Object of the game: Your sheep occupy the most land.
- How? Move stacks of sheep across the board to block your friends from moving their sheep.
- 2-4 players
- Time: 3 minutes to learn, 5-10 minutes to play a game.
- Object of the game: Be the last piece standing.
- How? Move your stone and place tiles that determine your path. Avoid going off the board and hitting other players. Last person standing wins!
- 2-8 players
- Note: Tsuro is a Tabletop favorite. It always begins calm/peaceful, ramps up as the board gets crowded and tiles run out. More players makes Tsuro chaotic and hilarious.
- Time: 1 minute to learn, 10+ minutes to play
- Object of the game: Correctly answer trivia questions.
- How? Timeline asks you to place when an event happened, relative to other dates (i.e., Did the first appearance of Frankenstein happen before/after the invention of the tea packet and domestication of sheep?)
- 2+ players
- Time: 4 minutes to learn, 10-15 minutes to play.
- Object of the game: Be the first to match four-of-a-kind pieces in a 2x2 square.
- How? Players take turns choosing a piece for the other player to place on the board.
- 2 players
- Note: great game to challenge a friend (or foe).
Want to kick back with some familiar classics? You'll also find these games in the Tabletop Game Garden:
Tabletop Board Game Cafe pops up at Sunday Market and serves up 1,000 board games at its 1810 West 25th Street brick-and-mortar cafe, seven days a week. Sandwiches, small plates, beer, wine, smoothies, soda and kombucha all have the right games to pair. Stop by the garden to play some games and learn more about the cafe.