Hey Everyone! We hope you're enjoying Thanksgiving in your own way, whether that's on your own or with a bunch of people. Steph here- and I'm in Cincinnati (where my sis-in-law is from) and I absolutely love the rust-belt, small-city vibe of the place AND it reminded me that it feels just like CLE. I always do a bunch of holiday shopping while I'm here, usually in Over-the-Rhine, especially on Small Biz Saturday.
Back in Cleveland, we've got some local favorites we know you'll love. Here's a small but mighty list of our fave places to #shopsmall in our Winter neighborhood, Ohio City.
in Ohio City / South of Lorain / Hingetown
- West Side Market
- What we get? All the things. First, we grab a coffee to sip as we shop. (duh, it's not our first rodeo). Then, we grab a beautiful baguette from Mediterra, a smorgasbord of items from the Mediterranean shop (olive oils, cheeses, imported chocolates) for a Holiday appetizer tray, fancy fish from Kate's Fish, and tamales and salsa from Orale). There's SO MUCH at WSM, you will not be able to leave empty-handed.
- The Grocery
- What we get? A specially curated food basket for all our foodie friends and clients.
- Ohio City Provisions
- What we get? A bad a$$ charcuterie plate for bring as a host gift for our Holiday Parties.
- Platform Beer Co.
- What we get? A perfectly-curated selection of their beautifully-design cans of beer to use as stocking stuffers or as a please-all beer tasting kit.
- The Plum
- What we get? A gift certificate for the most delightful night out on the town. And while we're waiting for it to be drawn up, we sip one of their expertly-crafted cocktails.
- All Things for You
- What we get? A beautiful set of vintage barware (for our friends) and a retro wool jacket (for us). And they just opened their new storefront in SoLo! Check out the story HERE.
- Lush and Lovely Floristry
- What we get? A romantic floral arrangement, candles and locally-designed jewelry.
- Room Service
- What we get? A new selection of Winter party staples (hello metallic starter jacket and oversized sweater). For everyone else? Candles, modern home goods and Cleveland-inspired art.
- Campbell's Sweets
- What we get? Popcorn, of course! It's easy to ship and even better to eat. Our picks? Spicy Jalapeno White Cheddar and Dichotomy (a mix of caramel and cheddar).
- Wild Cactus Boutique
- What we get? Cute and casual Winter wear and jewelry to add some sparkle to our evenings.
- Cleveland Hostel
- What we get? First, we grab a coffee and pastry pocket from Passenger's Cafe (the Hostel's in-house coffee shop) and then we pick up a few pounds of coffee in specially-designed tins that feature artwork of The Guardians of Transportation. That way, we only need a bow! While you're at it, get a gift certificate for a weekend staycation for your favorite suburbanites, but make sure to grab them a private room!
- Cleveland Tea Revival
- What we get? Tea, of course. In Winter, you cannot possibly have enough tea on hand to battle colds and cold weather. And CTR has the best selection in town. While you're there, pay it forward by springing for a cup of tea for the next guest by using their #teabuds blackboard. That's where you can send a cup of cheer to friends or strangers.
- Rising Star Coffee Roasters
- What we get? We stock up on the Peacemaker Blend to always have on hand for guests popping over and Sunday Brunches at home, but then also get the newest gadgets (like a 1-cup aeropress) for our favorite caffeine-loving family members (that'd be my brother).
- Urban Orchid Florist
- What we get? A beautiful flower arrangement to take to the in-laws. Ranging from modern to romantic, Urban Orchid is ready to make anyone look like they #wonthanksgiving.
Happy shopping, friends!